- 200g turnip
- oat milk
- black cumin seed oil
- 40g raw buckwheat
- canola oil
- 20g elderberry capers
- 8g poppyseed oil
- 4g plum vinegar
- wild herbs and edible flowers
- Peel and cut the turnip into discs 1cm thick.
- Cook the turnip discs for 25 min at 85°C oat milk with some salt and thyme.
- Once cooked, place in the oven and roast with black cumin seed oil until it becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Fry the whole buckwheat in canola oil until crispy and then place on kitchen paper to drain the excess oil.
- Marinate the elderberry capers with 2g salt for 48 hours.
- Then dress the elderberry capers with the plum vinegar and poppyseed oil.
- Place the turnip onto a plate.
- Add the elderberry capers and their dressing.
- Place some popped buckwheat on top.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and flowers.
Recipe courtesy of Theodor Falser of Michelin-starred Johannesstube in South Tyrol.