For the Cured Scallops
- 1kg coarse sea salt
- 500g sugar
- Mix the sugar and salt, then add the scallops.
- Leave to cure for 2-3 hours (depending on the size), then wash well and dry.
For the Marbled Scallops
- 1kg cured scallops (above)
- 45g poultry stock
- 6g vegetable ash
- 9g Aktivia
- 10g sunflower oil
- Halve the cured scallops and place in a bowl.
- Mix poultry stock and oil with herb powder and Aktivia, stir vigorously and fold into the scallops
- Press mixture into a mold and leave to set for at least 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once set, freeze to cut later.
For the Scallop Tartare
- fresh scallops
- lemon oil
- kaffir lime
- cayenne pepper
- sunflower oil
- Finely chop the scallops and delicately season with the other ingredients to taste.
For the Scallop Roll
- marbled scallops (above)
- scallop tartare (from above)
- Maldon sea salt
- lemon oil
- Slice the frozen marbled scallops 1mm thick on a slicing machine and lay them on foil.
- Place a line of tartare down the middle using a piping bag.
- Using the foil, roll it into a 2cm-thick tube and then freeze.
- Once frozen, allow to defrost slightly and then cut the roll into 5.5 cm long pieces.
- Brush with lemon oil before serving and season with Maldon sea salt.
For the Radish and Apple Salad
- fresh radishes
- Granny Smith apples
- basic vinaigrette
- Cut the radishes and Granny Smith apples into fine cubes and add the chives.
- Season with some basic vinaigrette and salt and mix well.
For the Apple Base
- 1100g apple purée
- 1100g fresh Granny Smith apple juice
- Juice enough fresh Granny Smith apples to obtain 1100g of juice.
- Place the juice in a pot and bring to the boil slowly. When the juice is boiling, turn it off and let it stand at the edge of the stove for 15 minutes so that the foam solidifies at the top.
- Pass the liquid carefully through a fine microfiber sieve.
- Mix the clear, sieved juice with the apple purée and pass through a fine microfiber sieve again.
For the Dill Oil
- 700ml sunflower oil
- 400g fresh dill
- 200g fresh spinach
- Heat all ingredients together in the Thermomix to 80 degrees.
- When the temperature is reached, mix and salt at the highest level, then pass through a fine microfibre sieve.
- Pour the oil into a piping bag and let it hang so that the cloudy substances settle at the bottom and skim off the oil from above.
For the Apple Stock with Dill
- 1kg Granny Smith apple base (above)
- fresh lime
- Calamansi vinegar
- Xantham gum
- dill oil (above)
- Bind the Granny Smith base with Xantham to obtain a good consistency.
- Add some lime juice and zest to taste, along with some Calamansi vinegar.
- Pass through a fine microfibre sieve and mix with the dill oil.
For the Apple Gel
- 1 litre apple base (above)
- juice of one lime
- Calamansi vinegar
- 10g agar
- 10g gelatin
- Mix half of the apple base with the agar and gelatin and bring to the boil on the stove.
- Once boiled, remove from the heat, add the remaining apple base, lime juice and Calamansi vinegar and stir. Leave to cool in the fridge.
- Once set, mix the jelly in the Thermomix to obtain a fine gel and pass it through a microfiber sieve.
Image © Tania Quispe