- 200g wild greens*
- 20g sage extract
- 20g EVO oil
- 8g white vinegar (aged for 7 years)
- 1 kg almonds (whole and peeled)
- gin – enough to season the wild greens
- For the almond base: peel the almonds and blend them with water until they become a cream. Sieve the cream to make it smooth and soft.
- Season the wild greens with the sage extract, the EVO oil and the white vinegar, together with a few drops of gin.
- Lay the almond base on a dinner plate and top with the wild greens
* Niko uses 20 types of wild greens that grow around Casadonna:
- Tilia cordata
- Lamb’s quarters
- Sow thistle
- Bristly oxtongue
- Bull thistle
- Field scabious
- Wild carrot
- Wild radish
Recipe courtesy of Niko Romito.
Image © Brambilla Serrani Photographers
Niko Romito Chef Feature