Allergen advice : contains crustacean, egg and celery.
For the Crab Mix
- 450g white crab meat
- 7g chopped chives
- zest of 1 whole
- 110g mayonnaise
- 8g lemon juice
- In a bowl mix the crab meat with all the ingredients.
- Reserve in a cool place for later use.
For the Celery and Lovage Jelly
- 4 heads celery stick
- 1 bunch lovage
- 10g Agar
- 3 limes
- 70g ginger
- Using a juicer, juice the ginger, celery, lovage and bring the liquid to the boil, adding the Agar.
- Whisk for 50 seconds and then pass through a fine chinois.
- Leave to set in three trays measuring 30cm x 30cm.
For the Garnish
- 6 nb French radish
- 12 small celery stick batons
- mixed garden flowers
- 30 chives tips
- 30 celery leaves
- Set out 10 plates and in a 6 cm ring, place the crab mix and flatten it out nicely.
- Cut out a 6cm disc of jelly and cover the crab with the jelly
- Finish by garnishing the top of the crab with the celery stick, radish, chive tips, celery leaves and flowers.
Recipe Courtesy of Michael Nizzero of The Bath Priory.