- 2 saddles of lamb
- 12 baby turnips
- 10 green asparagus
- 8 baby orange carrots
- 8 baby yellow carrots
- 50g butter
- 10cl olive oil
- 300g shelled peas
- 1 sheet phyllo pastry
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Coarse-ground pepper to taste
For the Saddle of Lamb
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add in the saddles of lamb (fat side down), and cook until evenly coloured.
- Add a knob of butter and cook in a 180°C oven for 3 minutes, then set aside on the stovetop.
For the Vegetables
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Blanch in boiling salted water and then leave to cool.
- Glaze with chicken stock and butter, and add seasoning to taste.
- Blanch the peas in boiling salted water, then purée them with some butter and seasoning and pass through a fine sieve to ensure it is smooth.
- Cut 1cm-wide strips of phyllo pastry, coat with a little olive oil, then roll the strips around copper tubes and bake for 6 minutes at 160°C.
- Place the saddle of lamb lengthwise on a serving plate.
- Add a spoonful of pea purée on one side and arrange the vegetables on the opposite side.
Recipe Courtesy of Julien Lefebvre of Château Cordeillan-Bages.