For the Microwaved Sponge Cake with Pistachio Nuts
- 3 whole eggs
- 40g egg yolk
- 110g caster sugar
- 60g pistachio paste
- 15ml seed oil
- 75ml water
- 75g “W150” flour
- 20g rice starch
- Mix all the ingredients, pour them into a siphon dispenser with 2 cartridges and let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- Dispense the sponge mixture into a serving glass and microwave for 50 seconds (maximum power).
- Use sponge cake when hot.
For the Hazelnut and Almond Praline
- 100g toasted hazelnuts from Piedmont
- 65g toasted almonds from Noto
- 1000g caster sugar
- 2g salt flour
- ½ Bourbon vanilla pod
- Prepare the dry caramel, add salt, vanilla and the hot and toasted nuts.
- Pour on a tray and allow to cool.
- Place in a blender and grind into textured pieces.
For the Caramel and Chocolate Crispy Wafers
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml liquid glucose
- 75g water
- 45g cocoa paste
- Boil the sugar, glucose and water at 163°C.
- Remove from the heat and add the cocoa paste.
- Place some caramel between 2 silpats and bake for 4 minutes at 170°C.
- Remove from the oven and flatten with a rolling pin on a baking sheet. Return to the oven.
- Once cooked, cut wafers to the desired size.
For the Dark Chocolate Cremoso
- 130ml fresh cream
- 130ml fresh milk
- 55g pasteurized egg yolk
- 27g caster sugar
- 130g dark chocolate (75%)
- salt flower
- 1g isinglass powder dissolved in 5ml of water
- Bring the fresh cream and milk to the boil, add the sugar and the egg yolks after mixing them and bring to 82°C.
- Mix this crème anglaise with the dissolved isinglass at 65°C and emulsify with a blender.
- Add to the dark chocolate that has been melted in the microwave and blend to achieve a shiny cream.
- Put in the fridge and let it chill for 6 hours.
For the Gianduia Flan
- 250ml fresh cream
- 65ml fresh milk
- 165g gianduia chocolate
- 35g dark chocolate (62%)
- 10g hazelnut paste
- 60g egg yolk
- Bring to the boil the fresh cream and milk.
- Chop the chocolate and the gianduia into pieces, add the hazelnut paste and the boiling liquids.
- Add the egg yolks to the mix and cook at 84°C.
- Fill 2 dark chocolate moulds with the dark chocolate cremoso and the gianduia flan, add the hazelnut and almond praline.
- Glue the 2 filled moulds with a little chocolate, placing one mould upside down on a plate and the other one on top.
- Garnish with the pistachio sponge cake, the wafers, edible flowers and mint. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Ettore Bocchia of Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni‘s Mistral and La Goletta Restaurants.