For the Siphon Mushroom Mousse
- 1 kg of Paris mushrooms
- 300g of water
- 300g of single cream (35% level of fat)
- Wash and finely slice the mushrooms.
- Place the sliced mushrooms in vacuum cooking bag with the water and seal.
- Cook the mushrooms in a steam oven at 90% for 12 hours.
- Once the cooking is complet, pass the mushrooms through a sieve and keep the cooking liquid.
- Reduce the mushroom liquid juice half and add the cream.
- Cook the mushroom and cream mixture until it again reduces by half.
- Place the mixture in a siphon and add two gas cartridges.
For the Mushrooms’ Side Dish
- 50g of enoki mushrooms
- 20g of shimeji mushrooms
- 40g of mini Paris mushrooms
- grape seed oil
- Xeres vinegar
- Slice the shimeji and enoki mushrooms, ensuring that they are at least 4cm in length.
- Sauté the shimeji in a pan with some grape seed oil.
- Deglaze the pan with vinegar of Xeres.
- Clean the mini Paris mushrooms and then mince them finely for the top of the dish.
For the Black Crumble
- 150g of flour
- 75g of butter
- 20g of icing sugar
- 4 tbsp cuttlefish ink / squid ink
- Mix all the ingredients until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Spread the mixture evenly on baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 170°C.
- Leave to cool and then crumble it up.
- Siphon the mushroom mousse onto the base of a plate.
- Place some whole mini Paris mushrooms on the mousse, followed by the black crumble and chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve alongside the mushroom side dish.
- Bon Appétit!
Recipe courtesy of Christopher Hache from his time at L’Ecrin at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel.
Image © Rosewood Hotels.