- cherry tomatoes
- thick cream
- tomato juice
- strawberry sorbet
- olive oil
- vanilla pod
- fresh herbs (parsley, mint, basil, tarragon, arugula)
- Combine 3 tablespoons strawberry sorbet with 3 tablespoons tomato juice, a few drops of vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well. Place in the freezer to harden.
- To make the vanilla cream, combine 30g thick cream with a few drops of lemon juice and vinegar, salt, pepper and a dash of olive oil. Add the vanilla pod seeds and mix together. Set aside.
- To make the tomato dressing, mix 80g of tomato juice with the juice of half a lemon, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To plate the salad, start by placing a large circle of vanilla cream on the base of the plate. Put a few cherry tomatoes and thin slices of strawberries on top. Add a few cubes of fresh lemon and season with a handful of fresh herbs. Place the dressing into a small serving jar, and finish off the salad with a quenelle of the strawberry and tomato sorbet. Bon Appétit!
Recipe courtesy of Arnaud Donckele, Chef of 3-Michelin-starred La Vague d’Or at Cheval Blanc St-Tropez. The renowned chef will soon take his cooking prowess to the new Cheval Blanc Paris which is set to open in 2020.