The Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards honor the South African chefs and their teams who work hard at producing the finest cuisine and dining experiences for us foodies. In the 2018 edition of the awards, the Western Cape dominated, with 9 of the 10 restaurants in the top 10 being in the Cape region. The results are as follows:
- The Restaurant at Waterkloof (Somerset West) – Chef Gregory Czarnecki
- The Test Kitchen (Woodstock, Cape Town) – Chef Luke Dale Roberts
- La Colombe (Constantia, Cape Town) – Chefs Scot Kirton & James Gaag
- Wolfgat (Paternoster, West Coast) – Chef Kobus van der Merwe
- La Petite Colombe (Franschhoek) – Chef John Norris-Rogers
- Greenhouse at Cellars-Hohenort (Constantia, Cape Town) – Chef Peter Tempelhoff
- Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient (Elandsfontein, Pretoria) – Chef Chantel Dartnall
- Camphors at Vergelegen ( Somerset West) – Chef Michael Cooke
- Jardine Restaurant (Stellenbosch) – Chef George Jardine
- Chefs Warehouse at Beau Constantia (Constantia, Cape Town) – Chefs Ivor Jones & Liam Tomlin
Congratulations are in order for all of these restaurants and the chefs and their teams that strive for gastronomy excellence.
Find the full list of awards here.
Image 1 © Revol
Image 2 © The Test Kitchen
Image 3 © La Colombe