On the evenings of 5 & 6 September, the highly-anticipated four-hands dinner featuring Viky Lau, chef-owner of one-Michelin-starred Relais & Châteaux member TATE Dining Room, and Tam Kwok Fung of Cantonese fine dining restaurant Wing Lei Palace will take place at Fung’s spectacular restaurant in Wynn Palace, Macau.
The two celebrated chefs will present a two-night dinner series that highlights the use of coveted seasonal ingredients within an innovative French-Chinese menu. Savour an evening of “Edible Stories“, and discover the carefully crafted narrative of each dish that fuses Chef Lau’s innovative French-Chinese and Chef Tam’s authentic Cantonese cuisines.
Chef Vicky Lau shares her excitement on the collaboration: “It is an honour and a privilege to collaborate with one of the region’s finest Chinese chefs. Chef Fung has a wealth of culinary knowledge that I look forward to tapping into, as I am constantly striving to widen my perspective of Cantonese cuisine. We look forward to combining our unique skillsets to showcase a truly innovative menu of ‘edible stories’.”
The 8-course collaboration dinner menu will be priced at MOP$1,688+10% per guest, with the option of wine pairing at an additional MOP$1,000 + 10% per guest.
The menu of this 2-night special collaboration dinner menu is as follows:
- Drunken sweet shrimp with avocado, Duck sausage parfait with figs | Vicky Lau
- Stir-fried scallop with lettuce, Rabbit char siew | Tam Kwok Fung
- Century egg mimosa with tofu espuma | Vicky Lau
- Almond pig lung soup | Tam Kwok Fung
- Abalone with chicken jus | Tam Kwok Fung
- Warm oyster with Caviar and Kumquat Sauce | Vicky Lau
- Scrambled egg white with buffalo milk cheese and roasted chicken liver | Tam Kwok Fung
- Foie gras royale with marinated roast goose | Vicky Lau
- Fried lobster with fresh peppercorn | Tam Kwok Fung
- Chicken roulade with frog leg velouté | Vicky Lau
- Crispy Wagyu beef cheek with tangerine peel in port wine sauce | Tam Kwok Fung
- Chocolate soufflé with Moutai ice cream
The above dishes will undoubtedly hold the same level of flavor, detail and beauty that Lau is famous for at TATE Dining Room. The above presentation takes after her seasonally evolving tasting menu of “Edible Stories” that evoke emotions and stir the imagination with an intriguing play on flavours and textures. Her exploration into culinary expressionism that sees French techniques perfectly combined with Asian produce and exquisite plating, produces dishes that always leave the palate in a state of bliss.
Tam Fuk Kwong’s features on the above spread are sure to be as divine as his cuisine at award-winning Wing Lei Palace. The restaurant climbed to the 36th position on Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019, shortly after Fung debuted his opening menu last July, as a result of his unparalleled skillfulness in Chinese cooking, honed over 30 years of experience in Cantonese fine-dining such as 1-MICHELIN-starred Jade Dragon and internationally-acclaimed Ying restaurant at Altira Macau, for which he achieved a MICHELIN star in 2009. Chef Tam is dedicated to producing authentic flavors and preserving the body’s balance and health by using the finest handpicked organic produce available, and implementing outstanding traditional Chinese culinary techniques.
For reservations, please call +852 8889-3663.