Florida has always been world-renowned for its stellar beach resorts, fun-filled amusement parks, blissfully warm and sunny climate, and glamourous yachting scene, but now it adds great gastronomy into its list of impressive offerings. The Michelin Guide has applied its same stringent judging process to the restaurants in The Sunshine State, revealing a total of fifteen Michelin-starred restaurants.
This year’s guide includes four one-star restaurants in Orlando, ten one-star restaurants in Miami, and one two-star restaurant, also in Miami. From sublime sushi to copacetic Korean barbecue, captivating Colombian fare and everything in between, there’s a Michelin-approved restaurant to suit every palate on the revered guide’s list.
The only two-star restaurant in this year’s selection comes as no surprise. A brand already celebrated worldwide, the Miami outpost of L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon leads the pack in the 2022 guide. Set in the trendy Design District, this restaurant delivers in both appearance and substance, serving exquisite French cuisine in both tasting portions and bigger dishes.
The full list of one-Michelin-star restaurants featured in this year’s list is as follows:
- Ariete | Miami – a dazzling Cuban-French restaurant led by chef Michael Beltran
- Boia De | Miami – a contemporary Italian restaurant from chefs Luciana Giangrandi and Alex Meyer that offers a unique menu
- Cote | Miami – a Korean-style steakhouse featuring premium ingredients prepared by chef-owner Simon Kim
- The Den at Sushi Azabu | Miami – a temple of standout Japanese sushi
- Elcielo | Miami – another top-class establishment by Colombian-born chef Juan Manuel Barrientos with a theatrical menu focusing on traditional Colombian cuisine
- Hiden | Miami – a secluded spot where chef Shingo Akikuni delivers traditional Japanese cuisine made using the best produce sourced from his homeland
- Le Jardinier | Miami – a stylish venue serving French-style food inspired by the seasons
- Los Félix | Miami – a marvellous Mexican eatery where ingredients guide the way for a symphony o flavour
- Stubborn Seed | Miami – a contemporary menu conceived by chef Jeremy Ford sets the tone for a fiery and fierce gastronomic experience
- The Surf Club Restaurant | Miami – another first-rate restaurant from famed chef Thomas Keller that serves top-tier American food with all the bells and whistles
- Capa | Orlando – a Spanish-accented steakhouse situated at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World
- Soseki | Orlando – a small-scale sushi restaurant led by chef Mike Collantes that fuses local Florida produce with Japanese techniques
- Kadence | Orlando – offers a free-spirited omakase menu prepared with precision
- Knife & Spoon | Orlando – a steak-focused space helmed by chef John Tesar located within the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
For further details on the restaurants, visit the Michelin Guide’s website.