Calling all gourmands! The exciting line-up for Northcote’s 19th gastronomic food festival, Obsession 19, has been announced – and it’s filled with some of the world’s most exciting and dynamic chefs.
Taking place from 18 January to 3 February, the culinary event will once again see 18 chefs flying in from across the globe to cook at Northcote, one the UK’s most treasured hotels.
A luxury, 26 bedroom hotel located in Lancashire, Northcote’s award-winning restaurant has held a Michelin star for 22 consecutive years.
An oasis of gastronomic excellence, join the property for its annual Obsession festival to experience dishes from some of the globe’s most talented culinary minds.
Chefs set to cook at the five-star hotel include Norbert Niederkofler from the three-Michelin-starred Restaurant St Hubertus in San Cassiano in Badia, Italy as well as Marc Fosh from his eponymous, Michelin- starred restaurant in Palma, Majorca – as well as plenty of other household names.
Guest chefs from the UK include 2018 Michelin Young European Chef Niall Keating of Whatley Manor in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, and leading London lights James Lowe of Lyle’s in Shoreditch, Andrew Wong from A Wong in Pimlico, and Ollie Dabbous of Hide, who collected a Michelin star for his new Mayfair restaurant last week.
Northcote’s executive chef Lisa Goodwin-Allen will kick off the festival. Lisa took over the kitchens at the property when Nigel Haworth left the business a year ago and transferred to the role of chef ambassador. Nigel will also close the festival with a guest appearance on Sunday, 3 February.
Launched in 2001 by Nigel Haworth and Craig Bancroft as a celebration of great food and wine, Obsession aims to introduce guests of Northcote to acclaimed chefs from overseas as well as the UK’s most shining stars.
Since its early years, it has grown in size and stature but the ethos has remained the same with the team at Northcote looking to offer guests an extraordinary culinary experience delivered by the world’s most innovative chefs.
What’s more, since launching the event, Obsession has raised over £120,000 for people working in the industry who have fallen on hard times.
Northcote ambassador Nigel Haworth commented: “Obsession 2019 is just around the corner and I cannot wait to host 17 nights of amazing food and wine with Craig and Lisa. It’s such an unique event and, once again, we have a phenomenal line-up.”
The exciting line-up is as follows:
• Friday, 18 January – Lisa Goodwin-Allen, Northcote, Langho, Lancashire (one Michelin star)
• Saturday, 19 January – Norbert Niederkofler, Restaurant St Hubertus, San Cassiano, Badia, Italy (three Michelin stars)
• Sunday, 20 January – Ian Scaramuzza, In Situ, San Francisco, California (one Michelin star, 2015 Roux Scholar)
• Monday, 21 January – Ollie Dabbous, Hide, Mayfair, London (one Michelin star)
• Tuesday, 22 January – Christina Bowerman, Glass Hostaria, Rome, Italy (one Michelin star)
• Wednesday, 23 January – Marc Fosh, Restaurant Marc Fosh, Palma, Majorca (one Michelin star)
• Thursday, 24 January – Srijith Gopinath, Taj Campton Place, San Francisco, California (one Michelin star)
• Friday, 25 January – James Lowe, Lyle’s, Shoreditch, London (one Michelin star)
• Saturday, 26 January – Hywel Jones, Restaurant Hywel Jones, Lucknam Park, Colerne, Wiltshire (on Michelin star)
• Sunday, 27 January – Patrick Kriss, Alo, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Monday, 28 January – João Oliveira, Vista, Praia da Rocha, Algarve, Portugal (one Michelin star)
• Tuesday, 29 January – Niall Keating, Whatley Manor, Malmesbury, Wiltshire (one Michelin star)
• Wednesday, 30 January – Andrew Wong, Restaurant A Wong, Pimlico, London (one Michelin star)
• Thursday, 31 January – Lisa Goodwin-Allen, Northcote (one Michelin star), Romy Gill MBE, Romy’s Kitchen, Thornbury, Bristol, and Marianne Lumb (Central Region Great British Menu 2018 and formerly of Marianne Restaurant, London).
• Friday, 1 February – Sayan Isaksson, Esperanto, Stockholm, Sweden (one Michelin star)
• Saturday, 2 February – Matt Orlando, Amass, Copenhagen, Denmark
• Sunday, 3 February – Nigel Haworth, chef-patron, Northcote, Langho, Lancashire (one Michelin star)
Make it happen
Prices start from £140 per person. The Obsession 2019 tickets hotline opens on Sunday 21st October at 9.00am. To make a booking, please phone 0333 999 7762.