Zwolle, a dynamic Hanseatic city in the east of the Netherlands, is known for its culinary refinement. Home base of world-renown restaurant De Librije*** and a region praised for its local products. De Librije’s Head Chef, , and his wife Thérèse were born and raised in the area. It’s no surprise they fell in love with all the superb regional products; water-mint, pike and perch, boletus and chanterelles, etc.. Authentic and simple products found in the bountiful surroundings of Zwolle. Together with his team, Boer explores daily the opportunities for creating a divine relationship between food and wine.
Dutch Avant-garde Cuisine Festival
Zwolle hosts the third edition of ‘Chefs (R)Evolution’ on Sunday 18 and Monday 19 September 2016. It’s the number one Dutch Avant-garde Cuisine Festival in the Netherlands. Jonnie and Thérèse Boer are organising the festival in collaboration with Port Culinaire and Thomas & Carola Ruhl. The most talented head chefs from around the globe will be making their appearance on stage during the two-day festival. With live cooking demos, masterclasses, a cooking competition and a delicious food and wine market, this international festival promises to be a gourmet’s paradise.
Line-up | Sunday 18 September 2016
- Jonnie Boer|Restaurant De Librije, The Netherlands | 3 Michelin stars and No. 38 World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Mauro Colagreco | Restaurant Mirazur, France | 2 Michelin stars andNo. 6 World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Rasmus Kofoed |Geranium, Denmark | 3 Michelin stars andNo. 28 World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Magnus Ek |Oaxen, Sweden | 2 Michelin stars
Line-up | Monday 19 September 2016
- Virgilio Martinez | Central, Peru | 1 Michelin star andNo. 4 World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Eneko Atxa | Azurmendi, Spain | 3 Michelin stars andNo. 16 World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Vladimir Mukhin | White Rabbit, Russia |No. 18 World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Joachim Wissler |Vendôme, Germany | 2 Michelin stars and No. 35 World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Tanja Grandits |Stucki, Switzerland | 2 Michelin stars andKöchin des Jahres 2014
Zwolle, what else?
Zwolle has much more to offer next to being a culinary hotspot. Strolling through the Hanseatic city you can still explore its rich and fascinating history. An energetic city with lively students, inventive entrepreneurs, courageous free thinkers and creative go-getters. Zwolle is characterised by its vibrant city centre, excellent educational facilities and ranking in the top three of the most powerful economic regions of the Netherlands.
The city is proud of its icons; three-star restaurant De Librije, Museum de Fundatie and the most beautiful bookshop in the Netherlands, Waanders In de Broeren. And there’s more. Discover Zwolle: