LIMA London is on a mission to prove that Michelin-starred dining needn’t be for formal occasions only. The restaurant is launching a brand new, more accessible menu this April – and it’s set to be a feast for all the senses.
Available from 16th April onwards, Chef and Head of Culinary Development, Robert Ortiz, alongside long-time friend and Co-Founder Virgilio Martinez, has put together a selection of affordable, sharing-style dishes using exciting flavours and creative cooking techniques.
What’s on the menu:
• Rocoto crisps served with either a beef, prawn or artichoke tartare (£4) and a selection of Andean crisps and crackers made from yuca, parsnip, sweet potato and olluco, accompanied by dips (£5)
• The sharing dishes will showcase highlights of contemporary Peruvian cuisine; Salmon Tiradito ceviche with green rocoto chilli paste (£8) and tuna Nikkei with soy sauce, sesame oil and cucumber (£9).
• Classic Lima ceviche (£11) and an octopus and quinoa ceviche (£12).
• Beef pachamanca – a traditional Peruvian dish baked with hot stones of meat, marinated in spices (£28)
• A lamb seco (a Latin American stew) (£18)
• Robert’s special potato stew (£14)
• Seafood chupe (£20)
Co-Founder Gabriel Gonzalez noted, “We opened in 2012 as a fun and casual restaurant showcasing a new style of cuisine to the UK and we were very surprised and honoured to be awarded with a coveted Michelin Star in 2013 (and every year since) but the fact is that the restaurant economy is changing and we need to make sure we’re constantly evolving to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. Our menu development reflects this as well as going back to our roots.”
Tapping into the growing trend for sharing plates, the menu promises an exciting variety of choices. Ideal for those looking to enjoy an affordable and enjoyable meal in London’s leading Michelin starred Peruvian restaurant, it’s a must-try for any foodie this spring.
Hungry for more?
Where: LIMA, 31 Rathbone Place London, W1T 1JH
Bookings: Visit limalondon.com to make a reservation