In keeping with the Department of Tourism’s ongoing goal to establish the Philippines as a center of gastronomy in Asia, it is hosting the 3rd Madrid Fusión Manila on April 6-8, 2017 at the SMX Convention Center. In addition to promoting tourism, the event aims to create an awareness and demand for various agricultural and food products/ingredients, and catalyze trade and business partnerships in tourism and gastronomy.
With Filipino cuisine cited as one of top food trends in 2017 by publications like New York Times and Bloomberg, Madrid Fusión Manila is poised to once again draw the world’s top chefs and food enthusiasts. This year’s theme, “Towards a Sustainable Gastronomic Planet,” will explore how to transform gastronomy while respecting environmental limits and enhancing cultural traditions. “As the world’s second largest archipelago with more than 7,107 tropical islands and thousands of rare and endemic species, the Philippines is an excellent venue for presentation and discussion of sustainable gastronomy,” says Tourism Secretary Wanda Corazon Tulfo-Teo Secretary Teo.
The event will have three main components: (1) International Gastronomy Congress, (2) Fusión Manila International Gastronomy Expo, and (3) the month-long Flavors of the Philippines calendar of events.
The International Gastronomy Congress will be a platform for innovation to discuss the future of food. Speakers include some of the world’s best chefs like:
- Paco Pérez | Miramar and Enoteca, Spain and 5-Cinco,Germany
- Jordi Roca & Alejandra Rivas |El Celler de Can Roca, Spain
- Régis Marcon | Régis and Jacques Marcon,France
- Pedro Subijana | Akelarre,Spain
- Gert de Mangeleer | Hertog Jan,Belgium
- Simon Rogan | L’Enclume and Fera at Claridge’s,United Kingdom
- Akrame Benallal |Akrame, Franceand Hong Kong
- Magnus Ek | Oaxen Krog & Slip,Sweden
- Julien Royer | Odette,Singapore
- Kamilla Seidler & Michelangelo Cestari |Gustu, Bolivia
- Rodrigo de la Calle | El Invernadero,Spain
- Tatiana & Katia Levha |La Servan,France
- Sally Camacho Mueller |Just Desserts,USA
- Jordy Navarra |Toyo Eatery, Philippines
- Robby Goco |Green Pastures,Philippines
- Gene Gonzalez |Café Ysabel,Philippines
The Fusión Manila International Gastronomy Expo will showcase gourmet food and beverage products, ingredients, technologies, creative tableware, destination and lifestyle settings, and services. In keeping with the theme, the expo will also feature culinary tourism. B2B meetings will be arranged for interested expo exhibitors.
Flavors of the Philippines, a month-long calendar of gastronomic and cultural experiences will also take place. There will be food festivals and fiestas, culinary tours and food trips, dinners with the stars, mall-wide food events, cook fests and bar crawls, special Flavors of the Philippines menus in restaurants, gourmet and agri markets, trade fairs, and more.
Celebrated annually in Madrid since 2003, Madrid Fusión is considered one of the leading gastronomy gatherings in the world.
More information can be found at www.madridfusionmanila.com