Working with some of the USA’s most illustrious chefs,food and wine writers and photographers, FOUR is launching its new biannual USA edition. Each edition features profiles and interviews with four of the US’s leading chefs, plus four signature recipes from each one.
As well as the chefs’ profiles, every edition will include the work of some of the world’s most well-respected food and wine writers and photographers, including:
- Specials: news, trends and events from around the USA
- Art: showcasing unique and innovative artists and photographers
- Fat of the Land: highlighting the field to fork philosophy
- Check in: the latest spas, resorts and hotels from around the world
- Eat · Play · Sleep: a journey through some of the world’s most luxurious and exotic destinations
- Wine column: expert writers’ tasting notes by Andrea Robinson
The magazine’s content and design comes together to reflects the passion of food and luxury lifestyle lovers.
So how can you get your hands on FOUR USA? The magazine is available in five starhotels, from the East to West coast of the USA, as well as in first class airport loungesand select independent stores across the country.The printedition will be available on iTunes from 27May, 2014, andin stores from 16June, 2014.
Illustration by Joy Gosney.
To be in with a chance of winning a one year subscription to FOUR USA, correctly name the four chefsin the first #FOURUSA edition, using the chefs’ silhouettes and clues about their lives (see below). The deadline for your submissions is 12pm EST,16May 2014.
How To Enter
You can submit your answers by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram…
Facebook | Direct message us on ourFacebookpagewith the names of all four chefs.
Twitter | Tweet us the names of all four chefs to @FOURMAGAZINE #FOURUSA
Instagram | Regram the chefs’ silhouette image with the names of all four chefs, @four_magazine and #FOURUSA
Win a free one-year subscription to FOUR USA.
- Born in the 1970s in Michigan.
- Worked as an assistant winemaker between esteemed culinary positions.
- Currently chef-owner of an acclaimed Chicago-based restaurant.
- A leader in molecular gastronomy.
- Grew up in France in a culinary-adept family.
- Completed training in San Francisco.
- Spent time working in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Renowned for artisanal, sustainable and seasonal cuisine.
- Moved to the USA in 2003 from Northern European birth country.
- Began training at the age of 14.
- Executive chef of a world-renowned Manhattan-based restaurant.
- Specialises in contemporary French cuisine with an emphasis on New York state ingredients.
- Born in Washington.
- Having worked at an illustrious Nordic restaurant, Chef moved to the Northwestern state restaurantin 2010.
- Inspired by nature and the restaurant’s remote surroundings.
- An advocate of farm-to-table cuisine.
Terms & Conditions
The first 52 responses, spread over Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, to correctly name all four chefs by 16 May 2014 will win a subscription to FOUR USAfor one year.
Entrants must respond with all four correct chefs’ names on Facebook, plus @FOURMAGAZINE and #FOURUSA on Twitter, and @four_magazine and #FOURUSA on Instagram.
Entrants must reside in the USA.
Entrants must be 18 years of age or over.