Écriture welcomes award-winning chef Vincent Thierry for a four-hands dinner in Hong Kong this August

23 Jul 2019
2 min read
On August 12th, 2 Michelin-starred Écriture will welcome acclaimed chef Vincent Thierry of Bangkok’s Chef’s Table at The Dome at Lebua for a special, one-night-only four hands dinner collaboration in vibrant Central Hong Kong.

Vincent Thierry will join forces with Écriture’s talented chef, Maxime Gilbert, and together, the two pioneering French chefs will present an exclusive 9-course joint menu featuring creative French cuisine priced at HK$2,880 +10% per guest for one night only on Monday 12 August.

Vincent, who is a native of the Loire Valley – a lush area of France renowned for its exceptional produce – describes his culinary philosophy as “classic French cuisine with simplicity and unpretentiousness”. Thierry selects to cook with only the best and preferably organic products. At his restaurant, The Chef’s Table, he adheres to an 80/20 principle; 80% of the produce is sourced in Thailand, with the remaining 20% consisting of premium imported products that cannot be found locally.

After honing his culinary skills in Michelin-starred kitchens throughout France, Vincent was headhunted by the renowned Le Cinq Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, to open the now celebrated 3-Michelin-starred Caprice at the Four Seasons Hong Kong. Thereafter, the chef opened The Chef’s Table in March 2019. Situated on the 61st floor of lebua in Bangkok, The Chef’s Table has garnered much attention in the culinary world since opening, receiving high praise for its innovative yet classic cuisine that pays homage to the rich history of traditional French cuisine.

Maxime, who is too a French native, takes culinary inspiration from his home country whose cuisine is rich in culture. From a young age, Gilbert nurtured his love for food and his aspiration to become a chef.  After staging in a variety of restaurants in France and Scotland, Maxime worked in Michelin-starred kitchens from early on. One of his most notable positions was as Chef de Cuisine at 2-Michelin-star Amber restaurant at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong from 2013 to 2016.

Maxime joined Écriture in September 2016 as the Executive Chef, and here, he brings his vision of French cuisine to life. Integrating traditional French cooking techniques with exceptional ingredients from France and Japan, Maxime creates dishes that exude simplicity, elegance and natural sophistication. Located on the penthouse floor of Hong Kong’s cultural hotspot H Queen’s, Écriture explores the boundless possibilities that exist when Western craftmanship meets Eastern philosophies.

The full 9-course collaboration menu for the Maxime and Vincent’s upcoming four-hands dinner is as follows:

Iwashi | Ecriture
“Sardine” and “pilchard” are common names used to refer to various small, oily fish in the herring family Clupeidae.

King Crab Tiramisu | Chef’s Table
Marinaded tandoori fruits, mascarpone cream.

Caviar Bone Marrow | Ecriture
Royal caviar club hybrid is a blend of the pickled roe of a mature 8-year-old sturgeon.

Scottish Langoustine and Sweetbread Lasagna | Chef’s Table
Tomato and fennel Confit, light shellfish

Brittany Turbot Lemon | Chef’s Table
Verbena infused Violon zucchini, pistachio puree.

Kuro awabi | Ecriture
 Kuro awabi or abalone is an edible mollusk that lives in warm seas, with a shallow ear-shape.

Duo of Challans Duck | Chef’s Table
Beetroot, Celery, Ginger Sauce

Cherry Tatin | Ecriture
A pastry in which the fruits are caramelized in butter and sugar.

Japanese Citrus | Ecriture
This is a sour citrus that Japanese are very familiar with, much like Yuzu. The fruit is soft, juicy and very sour with a distinctive flavor.



To reserve a spot at the four-hands dinner, visit www.ecriture.hkwww.ikky.com 

For events with more than 10 guests, contact ManagerEvents@lecomptoir.hk for more information.