Beck at Brown’s comes to Mayfair on the heels of Beck’s hugely successful takeover of the space last December as part of the hotel’s celebration of Italian conviviality where he took up residence alongside drinks maestro Salvatore Calabrese.
With a focus on a light, healthy menu featuring the highest quality produce, each dish has been crafted by Heinz to create a hearty Italian menu perfect for a swift lunch, formal dinner or private party. Beck at Brown’s brings dishes from throughout Italy, showcasing the diversity in cooking techniques throughout the country, from the hearty meat and fish dishes found in the mountainous north to the fresh citrusy flavours in the sun-drenched south.
What’s on the menu
Insalate & Antipasti:
• Burrata di Andria with marinated courgette
• Dressed crab with grilled Romain lettuce & wild herbs
• Roasted veal sweetbreads with fava beans, peas & artichokes
Primi & Zuppe:
• Risotto with aged parmesan, artichokes & olive oil
• Taglioni all’astice with smoked aubergine cream & chilli
• Spaghetti cacio e pepe with lime-marinated langoustine
Pesce & Carne:
• Red mullet ‘sandwich’ with black olive & tarragon
• Grilled black cod with ‘Nduja crust, red peppers & cucumber
• Aged Rhug estate striploin with truffle mash & rosemary sauce (to share)
• Formaggi dal carrello, featuring a selection of British and Italian cheeses served with dried fruits
• Dolci, with classic flavours such as Tiramisu affogato, Tarta al cioccolato and Sorrento lemon cheesecake.
Heinz Beck commented: “I’m excited to return to London after my residency last year and bring with me some of my favourite dishes and, of course, some new creations using the best of British produce. It’s an honour to have my own kitchen in such an illustrious hotel, with a new modern dining room that reflects the colours of Italy and the heritage of Italian cooking.”
Make it happen
When: Open from Monday 16th April 2018
Bookings: Email Beckatbrowns@roccofortehotels.com or phone +44 207 518 4004 to make a reservation
Where: Brown’s Hotel, Albemarle Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 4BP
Written by Sophie Ritchie