The award-winning restaurant, Jahn at Conrad Koh Samui celebrates its victory from winning prestigious global awards in Thai Cuisine and Romantic Atmosphere at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards 2016-2017 for 2 consecutive years by presenting the newest degustation dinner set menu. Conrad Koh Samui’s Executive Chef, Mr. Jatuporn Tanthaphat, creates an impressive dining experience for guests namely the ‘Journey of Jahn’. This dinner set menu is harmoniously paired with traditional Thai cooking techniques and flavourings to offer guests some of Thailand’s unforgettable dishes.
‘Journey of Jahn’ is the 5-course dinner set menu, carefully crafted with the inspired story of a local fisherman, farmer and hunter who live their lives simple on a paradise island. Our chef has selected each dish to celebrate Koh Samui’s culture using local ingredients such as fresh coconut, red tuna, lobster and local meats with a touch of culinary arts paired with both old-and-new-world wines.
The dinner set menu comprises of an amuse bouche, two appetizers, an entree and a dessert set with a complimentary petit fours to end the night;
- Amuse Bouche – 3 kinds of Thai snacks; Toong Thong, Miang Kum and Por-Pia Thod.
Chef selects 3 different famous Thai hors d’oeuvres, serving in canapé style and including ‘Toong Thong’ (Golden Bag) as its name refers to the richness and the prosperity.
- Appetizer 1 – Plaa Pla Bai Bua; Seared red tuna with Thai herbs, lemon and mint sauce.
This menu tells the story of a fisherman life, starting his daily routine early in the morning, catching fish to eat and to sell at the fresh market. Chef serves this menu on a misted-lotus leave, preluding the morning dew.
- Appetizer 2 – Goong Yang Ma Prow Hom; Grilled lobster with Thai herbs and coconut reduction served in red curry sauce and tapioca pearls.
This dish is inspired by the famous local ingredients; coconut and lobster, and cooking techniques of the fisherman, grilling the lobster with local-wood charcoal and seasoning with fresh coconut and some secret recipes of the fisherman.
- Entrée – Offering two amazing dishes for guests to choose from; a choice of Gai Ob Fang; sous-vide chicken breast and fresh wheat grain served with Thai dipping sauce and smoky single malt whisky or Kha Naa Moo Krob; roasted crispy pork with Thai kale and ruby sauce.
- The chicken dish narrates the story of a farmer life after harvesting season, decorated with the rice grains and rice straw beside the tender chicken breast. The rice straw will be lit with fire later on at the table, then covering the smoke with a glass bonnet which will allow the chicken to absorb the aroma of the rice straw and offer diners the aroma of harvesting season.
- The pork dish tells the story of a hunter. Chef transforms the simple local dish with a touch of fine dining presentation. The red ruby sauce symbolize the victory of the hunting game.
- Dessert Set – Start with Thai Melon Ice-cream, Midori syrup and complete the set with Gluay Tup; Grilled banana, banana parfait, almond crumbles and blossoms with caramel sauce. Our dessert highlights the sweetness of Thailand, locally found at local Thai market and beautifully presented in a petal of banana blossom.
A delightful ‘Journey of Jahn’ dinner set menu is priced at THB 2,999* per person (food only) or THB 5,199* per person with wine pairing (subject to vats and service charge). Conrad Koh Samui offers a complimentary round trip transfers for patrons wanting to experience this newest dinner set menus. Simply make your reservations a minimum of 24-hours in advance and the resort concierge will send a limousine to pick you up in style from anywhere on Koh Samui.
For more information click here, conradhotels3.hilton.com