For the Aged Mangalitza Pork Neck
- 500g Mangalitza pork neck
- 1/4 bunch fresh marjoram
- 1/4 bunch fresh thyme
- ground black pepper
- hazelnut oil
- Cut the aged Mangalitza pork neck into 4cm pieces and season with salt and black pepper.
- Vacuum seal the pork with the herbs and hazelnut oil and cook in a waterbath for 25-30 minutes at 62° C.
- Remove from waterbath, unpack, pat dry and roast until crispy in a top heat BBQ at 800° C.
For the Sherry Gel
- 375ml sherry
- 25ml port wine reduction (125ml reduced to 25ml)
- 5.5g agar agar
- 5g salt
- 30g xanthan gum water
- Boil the sherry, salt, port wine reduction and agar agar. Allow to cook for two minutes, then pour on a baking tray and let cool.
- Mix the cold mass with xanthan gum water in a mixer, then pass through a sieve and remove the air bubbles by using a vacuum-pack machine.
- Place the finished gel into a pastry bag.
For the Morrels
- 200g morrels, washed and cleaned
- 500ml mushroom stock
- 40ml light soy sauce
- 20ml Ketjap Manis
- 20ml 13-year aged viscid balsamic vinegar
- 10g sea salt
- 15g fresh thyme
- 25g needles from Douglas fir
- 15g arrow root starch
- 15g water
- 50g Mangalitza lardo
- Mix mushroom stock with light soy sauce, Ketjap Manis, balsamic vinegar and sea salt.
- Vacuum seal the cleaned morrels with the stock and steam in the oven for 40 minutes at 99° C. Afterwards, put the vacuum bag into ice water to cool quickly.
- Strain the morrels, boil the stock and add the arrow root starch. Bring back to the boil, then add thyme and Douglas fir needles.
- Let the broth infuse briefly, then filter the stock through a cloth.
- Cut the Lardo in small brunoise and fry with the dried morrels in a hot pan. If necessary, finish it off with some salt.
For the Hazelnut Cream
- 1 piece Franconian nougat
- Roll the nougat between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of 1.5 cm.
- Put in the freezer and once frozen, cut into 8×0.5 cm strips.
For the Mashed Peas
- 500g fresh peas
- ground white pepper
- Blanch the peas and then place into ice water. Once cold, peel the peas.
- Put three quarters of the peeled peas into a paco jet container, freeze, mix five times in the paco jet and then filter through a strainer.
- Flavor the mashed peas with salt and pepper and stir the left over peas into the mashed peas.
- Place the pea mixture into a pastry bag.
For the Savory Vinegar Gel
- 250ml white balsamic vinegar
- 15g fresh savory
- 3g sea salt
- 4.5g agar agar
- 12.5g xanthan gum water
- Vacuum seal the savory with the vinegar and salt and cook for 12 hours at 60°C in a convection oven.
- Strain the vinegar stock, boil with agar agar, let cook for three minutes and pour on a baking tray. Allow to cool.
- Mix the cold mass with xanthan gum water in a mixer, pass through as sieve, remove the air bubbles by using a vacuum-pack machine and place the finished gel into a pastry bag.
For the Cannelloni
- 1 sheet spring roll dough
- 1 egg white
- Cut the dough into 8 x 15cm strips, put some egg white on one end and roll on a metal cylinder. The part with the egg white closes the cylinder as a “glue”.
- Deep fry until crispy at 180°C.
- Fill the cannelloni with mashed peas, place it in the center of the plate, top it with a thin layer of hazelnut cream and garnish with roasted hazelnuts, vinegar gel and young pea sprouts.
- Place the fried morrels with the sherry gel parallel to the cannelloni.
- On the other side of the cannelloni, place the Mangalitza pork neck.
- Finish with morrel sauce.