Chef’s Notes: This decadent pasta is probably the most well-known and beloved dish created by Acquerello. It is considered as our “signature” dish and has been on the menu for more than 20 years. Chef Suzette always jokes that if she had to cook for God and Thomas Keller, that this is the dish that she would make!
- High quality dried rigatoni
- Foie gras
- Truffle oil
- Cook the rigatoni in boiling salted water until al dente and then shock in cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- Clean the foie gras of its veins and mix with the butter to obtain a ratio of 75g butter to 100g foie (adjust depending on number of servings) to make a compound butter.
- Place equal parts cream and marsala into a pan over medium heat and reduce by half. Remove from heat.
- Cut the compound foie butter into chunks and add to the Marsala-cream base, then add sliced truffle pieces.
- Reheat the pasta by plunging into boiling water for a few seconds, and then add to the sauce.
- Finish with a drizzle of truffle oil and season as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Suzette Gresham of 2 Michelin-starred Acquerello.