- Crab mix
- Mini Crouton
- Pickled kohlrabi
- Pickled radish
- Egg yolk puree
- Avocado puree
- Chive tips, garlic flowers
For the Crab Mix (5 servings)
- Pick 500g white crab ensuring there is no shell remaining.
- Mix gently with: 30g crème fraiche, 30g lovage mayo, 5g chopped chives, zest of one lemon, 5g salt, pinch sugar and black pepper.
- Store on a jay cloth until use.
For the Mini Croutons (10 servings)
- Take 2 slices of white bread and remove crusts.
- Roll with a rolling pin and cut into brunoise.
- Cook in foaming butter until golden brown and then drain.
For the Pickled Kohlrabi
- Slice whole kohlrabi on gravity slicer as thinly as possible, keeping whole perfect discs.
- Place in vacuum pack back with salt and chardonnay vinegar and a pinch of sugar. Compress.
For the Pickled Radish
- Clean radish and cut into 1.5cm rondels.
- Vacuum pack with salt, sugar, and vinegar.
- Cook in the steamer for 4 mins and then chill.
- Leave in compression overnight.
For the Egg Yolk Purée
- Vacuum pack 500ml pasteurised egg yolk with 10g salt.
- Cook in the steamer at 70°C until thick. Chill.
For the Avocado Purée
- Blend 4 ripe avocados with the juice of 1 lemon, 5g salt, touch of green colour and 100ml water.
- In 3 kohlrabi shavings, wrap up some crab mix and place on plate.
- Add a few dollops of avocado and egg purée.
- Place a few prickled radish rounds and croutons around the crab.
- Garnish with chives and thin apple batons.