- Suckling pig
- Olive oil
- Pepper paste
- Sparkling wine
- Ginger purée
- Avocado cubes
- Pepper sauce
- Beetroot powder
- Coriander leaves
- Fleur de sel
- Slice the suckling pig in half and spread olive oil, chilli and pepper paste over the inside of the pig.
- Lay the suckling pig on its side (paste side up), on top of a grill.
- Place the grill on top of a baking tray and fill the tray with sparkling wine. Steam for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Roast in the oven for a further 1 hour, turning the suckling pig over after 30 minutes.
- Finally, brush vinegar over the meat and finish cooking at high temperature for a further 10 minutes.
- Cut the suckling pig into pieces in the traditional way using scissors and remove the meat from the bone.
- Serve with guacamole, ginger purée, an avocado cube, a piece of suckling pig cooked in sous-vide and some coriander leaves.
- Finish off with pepper sauce, beetroot powder, olive oil infused with chilli, fleur de sel and jalapeños foam sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Ricardo Costa of The Yeatman in Oporto.