For the Foie Gras Terrine
- 1 kg foie gras, deveined
- 10g salt
- 35g Wasanbon sugar
- 40g port wine
- 40g cognac
- Marinade deveined foie gras with salt and Wasanbon sugar for one hour.
- Add port wine and cognac and marinate foie for a minimum of three days.
- Roll foie gras into a roulade and poach at 70c for 5 minutes and place into an ice bath.
- Freeze and slice foie gras roulade into 2mm slices for serving.
For the Sesame Paste
- 500g sesame paste
- 50g sake
- 35g soy sauce
- 80g sugar
- 20g mirin
- In a thermomix, add all ingredients and blend until dissolved.
For the Foie Gras Monaka Assembly
- Monaka wafer
- foie gras terrine
- sesame paste
- Ohba leaf
- sliced strawberries
- Kinome leaf
- Within the Monaka wafer, place a slice of the foie gras terrine and some sesame paste.
- Then place some ohba leaf and Kinome leaf on top, followed by sliced strawberries.
- Finally, garnish with chopped myoga and Hanaho flowers.
Recipe courtesy of Shigeru Koizumi of Michelin-starred Esora in Singapore.