For the Cuttlefish Black Ink Caviar
- 50g vegetable stock
- 30g black ink from a cuttlefish
- 8g agar-agar
- 150ml olive oil
- Put the olive oil in a bowl and place it in the freezer to cool down.
- Mix together the vegetable stock, black ink and agar-agar in a pot.
- Bring to 85°C on the stove then remove from heat. Pass it through a fine-mesh strainer to eliminate any residues.
- Try to keep the mixture at 85°C and then use a pipette to drop small amounts of it into the cold oil from the freezer. The contrast between cold oil and hot liquid will create caviar.
- Pass the oil through a strainer to recover the small balls.
For the Grilled Potato Foam
- vegetable stock
- Slice the potatoes in half and cook them in a pot of water. They are cooked once a knife slides easily through them.
- Remove from the heat, drain and allow to dry.
- When they are dry, grill the potatoes on a barbecue.
- Once slightly charred, place them in a casserole with milk, cream, laurel and rosemary. Bring to the boil and then remove from the heat. Keep in the fridge for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, place the potatoes in the casserole back on the fire and finish cooking the potatoes.
- When they are completely soft, the potatoes are ready. Separate the potatoes from the milk mixture and mix with the thermomix, adding a little of the cooking milk if necessary. The mashed potatoes must be very soft.
- Pass the potatoes through a fine-mesh strainer in order to separate the potato skin from the rest.
- Add salt if necessary and place inside a siphon with 50g of diluted stock.
- Close the siphon and add nitrogen fills. Once ready to plate, heat the siphon before using.
For the Chive Oil
- bunch of chives
- olive oil
- Boil the chives in salted water for one minute and then place immediately in water and ice.
- Mix the chives in a blender with some olive oil until smooth and then filter through a cheesecloth to recover the chive oil.
For the Baby Squid
- 120g baby squid (per person)
- Clean the baby squid by separating the bodies from the heads and make sure to remove the eyes and bones inside the squid.
- Quickly roast the squid on the grill.
Ingredients (for 1 plate)
- 120g baby squids
- 80g smoked mashed potato foam
- 30g cuttlefish black ink caviar
- 10g chive oil
- Place the potato foam from the siphon on a plate and place the seared squids on top.
- Complete with the black ink caviar and contour the foam with the chive oil.
- Finish the dish with chives sliced lengthways and placed in water and ice, this process curls the chives.