For the Beignet Dough
- 200g Flour 00
- 30g Egg yolk
- 50g Grapeseed oil
- 3g Salt
- 5g Sugar
- 12g Yeast
- 250g beer
- 100g Whipped egg white
- Mixe egg yolk, grapeseed oil, salt, sugar, yeast and beer together.
- Pour the mixture into four 00 and mix together until smooth.
- Proof the mixture in a warm area for 30 mins
- Keep in the fridge.
- Mix the whipped egg white with the mixture briefly.
*** Always keep the beignet dough in the fridge.
For the Scallop Fin Sauce
- Scallop fins
- Parsley stem
- Chicken stock
- White wine
- Melt the butter in pan, sweat the shallot, put in some white wine and reduce a bit.
- Add scallop fins and sauté until they come out.
- Add the chicken stock, adding enough to cover the scallop fins. Then add parsley and steam, cooking slowly until the flavor develops.
- Strain with fine strainer and add some butter beat with hand blender. Set aside.
For the Celeriac Puree
- 1 kg celeriac
- Peel and cut the celeriac into small pieces.
- Put in a pot and cover with the milk. Season with salt.
- When it starts to boil, reduce it to medium heat and cook until the celeriac is soft.
- Strain the celeriac and blend in thermomix until very smooth. Season with salt if needed.
- Put the mixture in a strainer with a towel and cover with cling film until the runs water out. Set aside in plastic box.
For the Scallop
- Black truffle
- Salt & pepper
- Seaweed sheet
- Cut the scallop into 4 slices, but keep the end of scallop closed.
- Slice the black truffle to a size that allows it to be stuffed into the scallop.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Wrap the scallop with the seaweed sheet. When wrapping, put a little bit of water on it to make the seaweed soft.
- Scallop wrapped in seaweed
- Celeriac puree
- Beignet dough
- Vegetable oil
- Scallop fin sauce
- Dip the scallop using a stick into the beignet dough.
- Deep fry in the vegetable oil at 180°C for two mins.
- Put the cooked scallop on a wooden board and cut in two in front of the guest.
- Set the plate with a spoon of celeriac puree and shave the hazelnut on top.
- Make the scallop fin sauce a little bit foamy, and serve on the side.
Recipe Courtesy of Maxime Gilbert of 2 Michelin-starred ÉCRITURE.