- Wet the edges of the gyoza skin.
- Spoon the filling into the centre of the skin.
- Fold the skin so the edges touch.
- Pinch and fold the skin 5 or 6 times with your thumb and index finger.
- Heat the skillet then add oil.
- Wipe off the excess oil.
- Lay gyoza in the pan.
- Fill the pan with gyoza and fry for 10 seconds.
- Pour in water.
- Cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook until all of the water evaporates.
- Drizzle in the remaining sesame oil.
- Remove the gyoza with a fish spatula and serve.
For more of these recipes, get hold of ‘Japanese Soul Cooking’ by Tadashi Ono & Harris Salat, £25 Jacqui Small,amazon.co.uk