For the Peach Brine
- 25g acacia honey
- 90g peach-marigold infusion (made from hot filtered water, dried peaches, and marigold flowers)
- 8g lemon juice
- 0.5g ascorbic acid
- Whisk all ingredients together to combine.
- Set aside.
For the Xanthan Gum Base
- 500g filtered water
- 20g xanthan gum
- Bring water to a simmer, transfer to a blender and add in xanthan gum.
- Blend on high until thickened.
- Set aside.
For the Sobrasada Fat
- 500g sobrasada (made with high quality pork with a high fat content)
- Vacuum pack the sobrasada and cook at 190°C for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, discard the solids and reserve the fat.
For the Sobrasada Emulsion
- 200g sobrasada (made with high quality pork with a high fat content)
- 130g banner pimento butter
- 100g cultured guernsey butter
- 10g xg base
- 40g filtered water
- Warm water and xg base and then emulsify in the pimento and guernsey butters.
- Once fully emulsified, add in sobrassada and whisk until warm.
- Half a peach per person
- Check the quality of each peach individually then peel, halve, and remove the pits from the peaches.
- Place the peach halves in a vacuum bag with peach brine (30g brine per 2 halves), and vacuum seal fully.
- Allow the peaches to sit in the brine for 30 minutes, then open the bag and drain the brine.
- Add peach halves to the sobrasada emulsion and warm through, transfer to plate and coat with sobrasada fat.
Image © Ansley Cohen