For the Salmon
- 250g Ora King or Loch Duarte salmon
- 40g shallot brunoise
- 30g yuza marmalade
- 55g white shoyu
- 30g yuza juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- Trim the salmon fillet of excess fat and skin and remove any bones.
- Slice into ½” thick blocks.
- Cut the blocks down into ½” thick batons.
- Cut the batons into ½” cubes.
- Reserve the diced salmon in a bowl on ice.
- To make the marinade, whisk the remaining ingredients together and reserve.
For the Yuza Dwenjang Gastrique
- 37g dwenjang
- 300g water
- 150g sake
- 70g yuza marmalade
- Combine everything in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and let reduce until thick and syrupy.
- Blend the ingredients with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Cool in an ice bath and reserve.
For the Yuza Whipped Crème Fraîche
- 140g creme fraiche
- 10g yuza juice
- Combine crème fraîche with yuza juice and whisk together until it forms medium peaks.
- Reserve in a piping bag to pipe later.
- Place about 5g of gastrique in the center of a plate.
- Set a ring mold on top of the gastrique.
- Toss the salmon with the marinade and season with salt to taste.
- Gently press about 60g of salmon tartare in the mold.
- Sprinkle the top with a layer of bubu arare.
- Pipe the whipped creme fraiche and garnish with nasturtium.
Recipe courtesy of Dave Park of Jeong Restaurant in Chicago.
Image © Hahm Visuals