Dark chocolate cupcakes with rose butter cream frosting
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time:20 minutes
Total time:1 hour
• 100g butter
• 100g brown sugar
• 100 self raiising flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 2 eggs
• 1 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
• 50g 70% dark chocolate
• 2 tbsps coffee or milk or 1 tbsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. Beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a separate bowl,sift dry ingredients together (flour, bakingand cocoapowders) and gently fold into the batter.
5. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl over gentlysimmering water. When melted, fold into the batter and thin the mixturewith the coffee, milk or vanilla.
6. Fill cases two thirds full and bake for 12 – 18 mins or until skewer comesout clean.
7. Remove from oven and put on wire rack to cool.
For the butter cream:
Mix 125g softened butter and 250g icing sugar with a tablespoon or two of rosewater, to taste. Add a tooth pick of pink concentrated gel food colouring and pipea rose swirl onto the cake, then spray with lustre spray to give a nice, glittery sheen.
by Dee Darko fromCoco cakes and bakes.