For the Royal Dashi
- 1L water
- 17g dried bonito
- 60g Paris mushrooms
- 40g shiitake mushrooms
- 14g dried shiitake mushrooms
- 70g dried waka
- 50g soy sauce
- Place all the elements in a pot, bring to a boil, skim and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to infuse for 3 hours.
- Add 10 eggs per liter to the broth and mix.
- Pour 25g of liquid into a soup plate and cook the plates in the steam oven
for 6 minutes at 85° Celsius.
For the Smoked Emulsion
- 60g smoked eel
- ½ shallot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1L liquid cream
- 300ml white wine
- Sweat the shallot and celery in a pan, then add the eel.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and then add the cream.
- Cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Drain and set liquid aside.
- At service, emulsify liquid into a foamy mixture using a bamix.
- 1 half squid
- 20 caviar balls
- 60 pieces sea urchin uni
- Cut and blanch the squid in boiling water.
- Once cooked, place quid pieces in a triangle on the soup plate.
- Place a ball of caviar on each plate.
- Open and dissect the sea urchin. Place 3 pieces of uni on each plate.
- Pour over the emulsion.
Recipe courtesy of Christophe Moret of 2-Michelin-starred L’Abeille at the Shangri-La Hotel, Paris.
Images © Bernhard Winkelmann