- 20 gamberoni shrimps (8/10)
- 10 live langoustines (7/9)
- 10 mini yellow carrots
- 10 mini purple carrots
- 10 mini orange carrots
- 10 mini fennels
- 3 leaves of chard
- 10 fennel plants
- 10 baby squids
- 3 Spanish octopus tentacles cooked under vacuum
- 1 tsp of pastis
- 1 tsp black olive powder
- 1 tsp grey mullet roe
- Espelette pepper
- fleur de sel
- olive oil
- Wash all the mini vegetables and the chard leaves and cut the latter in to squares of 3 cm. Set them aside on some paper towel.
- Peel the carrots and keep 1 cm of the carrot tops. Make an incision lengthwise in their centre. Cut their sides with a knife to give them a triangular shape. Do the same with the mini fennels. Thinly cut the base of the fennel plants and wash them. Set them aside on paper towel.
- Remove the langoustines’ heads, peel their tails, remove the black guts and then refrigerate.
- Separate the head from the body and tail of 10 gamberoni shrimps. Keep the heads of the 10 remaining, choosing the ones with the largest spurs. Peel all the tails and keep the last ring of the tails only. Roll each of the whole gamberoni shrimps on itself and skewer the tail end under the head to hold it together. Refrigerate.
- Remove the head from the body of the baby squid and also the beak from inside the head and keep the tentacles whole. Remove the cartilage and innards from the bodies. Wipe them thoroughly to remove all impurities.
- Cut the tentacles of the octopus into 10 chunks of 10 cm long and refrigerate.
- Fry the chard leaves in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of fleur de sel. At the same time cook the mini vegetables in salted boiling water.
- Fry the fennel plants in a very hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil for 3 to 5 seconds and deglaze with the pastis and put them to one side immediately after.
- Fry all the gamberoni shrimps in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil over a high heat for about 1 minute and season with some fleur de sel.
- Quickly fry the heads and bodies of the baby squid in another pan with a drizzle of olive oil, put them to one side and season with the Espelette pepper.
- Warm the octopus tentacles under a grill with a drizzle of olive oil. Use the spurs of each gamberoni shrimp to skewer one octopus tentacle and one head and body of the baby squid.
- Fry the tails of the langoustine for 1 minute in a pan with olive oil. Season with fleur de sel.
- Plate up and enjoy.
Image © Thuries Magazine/Pascal Lattes.