For the Venison
- 1 x saddle of venison (1 loin)
- 100 grams brown butter
- Maldon sea salt
- Fry the venison in brown butter and let it chill for about 10 minutes.
- Then place it in the oven for 8 minutes at 160°C.
- Remove it from the oven and leave it to rest for another 5 minutes at 60°C, then slice it.
For the Lovage-Béarnaise
- 4 egg yolks
- 200g brown butter
- Lovage (10 grams)
- Salt, sugar, piment d’Espelette
- Reduction of yuzu juice, tarragon vinegar, apple vinegar, miso & caraway seeds
- Beat the egg yolks together with 250 ml of the reduction at 65°C for about 25 minutes.
- Then stir the butter into it until it resembles a nice emulsion.
- Leave it to chill for about 35 minutes.
- Julienne the lovage into thin slices, and then stir the slices into the emulsion shortly before serving.
For the Amalfi-Lemon Puree
- 3 salty-pickled Amalfi-lemons (takes about 10 month)
- 1L roasted chicken stock
- 100g butter
- 150g sugar
- Cook the lemons in the chicken stock for about 3 hours.
- Add the sugar to the liquid, and continue to cook the lemons for 20 more minutes.
- When the lemons are soft, mix them as a whole fruit (with everything) with the the butter under it until you get the perfect puree consistency.
For the Pumpkin-salad
- 1 butternut pumpkin (sliced into fine strips)
- Pumpkin seed oil
- 1 pickled jalapeño (sliced into to fine strips)
- 30 ml Prelibato-vinegar
- Salt, Sichuan pepper, sugar
- Stir the pumpkin seed oil with the Prelibato vinegar, salt, sugar and some Sichuan pepper to make a spicy dressing.
- Add the dressing to the rest of the ingredients to complete the salad.
Recipe courtesy of Björn Swanson of Michelin-starred Golvet in Berlin.