This recipe by Anne-Sophie Pic forms part of Four Seasons’ ‘Masterdish‘ initiative which spotlights the iconic brand’s most popular dishes from around the world, as voted for by locals, international guests and social followers.
For the Puff Pastry
- 130g flour
- 340g dry butter
- Mix the butter and flour together until it is combined.
- Spread the mix between two papers (40×60).
- Keep in the fridge.
For the Dough
- 140g flour t45
- 140g flour t55
- 120g water
- 12g salt
- white vinegar
- 80g dry butter
- Mix the butter and flour together.
- Dissolve the salt into the cold water, add to the mixture and fold. Be careful not to work the dough too much
- Spread between two papers (20×40).
- Keep in the fridge.
- After 12 hours, fold the mixture and replace in the fridge.
- Remove and fold again after 1 hour.
- Wait until the next day and roll in the rolling mill.
For the Crystalline Jasmine
- 100g glucose
- 150g fondant
- 5g jasmine
- Put the sugar, glucose, and water in a saucepan and bring to 160°C.
- Remove from heat, pour on a baking sheet and let cool.
For the Vanilla Chantilly
- 200g mascarpone
- 300g cream
- 100g condensed milk
- 10g Tahiti vanilla
- 125g yoghurt
- Beat all the ingredients (except the yoghurt) together.
- Mix 250g of the cream mixture with 125g of yoghurt.
- You will need around 50g of Chantilly for one millefeuille.
For the Royal Icing
- 20g egg white
- 100g icing sugar
- 5g lemon juice
- Sieve the icing sugar and mix in the egg white with a spatula.
- Add 3 drops of lemon juice.
- Smooth thinly into a plastic sheet (approx. 5cm).
- Leave to dry and print with the 5x5cm stainless steel square..
- Leave until completely dry and separate carefully.
For the Jasmine Jelly
- 385g water
- 20g sugar
- 13g gelatin powder
- 15g dried jasmine (tea)
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil. Add the jasmine, let it infuse for 7 min, filter and add the gelatin.
- Pour into a flexi pan or lined pan.
- Freeze and cut squares of 3.5×3.5cm.
For the Voatsiperifery Foam Milk
- 500ml whole milk
- 3g voatsiperifery pepper
- Add the voatsiperifery pepper to the milk and infuse for 24h.
- Pass through the chinois (conical sieve) and keep the milk between 55-60 degrees.
- Cut the pastry into 5cm squares. Bake at 160°C with a non-stick baking mat on top for 20 minutes.
- When the pastry is cool, cut some smaller squares (4cm approximately). Sprinkle with crystalline jasmine and put in the oven at 180°C for 3 minutes then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Pipe the vanilla Chantilly around the base and sides of the 5×5 stainless steel square using a small spatula.
- Start with one square of puff pastry (approx. ½ cm thick) and pipe a small amount of the vanilla Chantilly on top to cover the pastry and then a layer of jasmine jelly. Repeat this step 3 times.
- Close the square with the vanilla Chantilly (around 50g of Chantilly in total)..
- Keep the millefeuille in the freezer for 10 mins.
- Warm the metal square with a blowtorch to release from the edges and remove the millefeuille, placing it carefully in the centre of the plate
- Place the royal icing on the top and finish with 4 small spoons of voatsiperyfery foam milk around the outside of the plate, one on each side of the millefeuille cube.