For the Fish Fumet
- 100g garlic
- 100g onion
- 80g white celery
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Barbazul white wine
- 5kg rough fish bones
- 11L water
- Poach the vegetables (garlic, onion and celery) in the olive oil for 20 minutes, without allowing them to brown.
- Add the wine and allow to reduce for 3 minutes.
- Rinse the fish bones in cold water and then add to the pot of vegetables.
- Add the water to the pot and simmer without bringing to the boil for 40 minutes. Then set aside and strain.
For the Plankton Rice
- 80g onion
- 40g clean cuttlefish
- 10g Barbazul white wine
- 50g Riso Gallo Carnaroli rice
- 100ml fish fumet
- 5g echiré butter
- 1g bound pankton
- To obtain 1g bound plankton, hydrate the plankton until it stays lump free.
- Brunoise the onion and sauté on a low heat until soft without allowing it to color.
- Cut the cuttlefish into 5x5mm cubes, then add to the onions and cook until the water from the cuttlefish has evaporated.
- Turn the heat to high and add the rice to the pan, allowing it to toast nicely.
- Add the wine and let it reduce, then add the fumet, stirring continuously as if it was a risotto.
- When the rice is almost soft, add the butter cubes and stir it until it binds.
- Add the liquid plankton and cook it a little bit, then finish with a pinch of salt.
For the Aioli
- 24g garlic
- 600g sunflower oil
- 60g lemon juice
- 9g salt
- 6 egg yolks
- Crush the garlic cloves with salt in a mortar until you obtain a paste.
- Emulsify the paste with the egg yolks, while adding the sunflower oil and mixing continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and salt to taste, then set aside.
For the Squid Aioli
- 150g squid
- 300g aioli
- Clean the squid thoroughly then freeze. Once frozen, chop up finely.
- Add chopped squid to the aioli and season with salt.
For the Plankton Puffed Rice
- 20g SOS rice
- 60ml water
- 0.4g salt
- 0.2g plankton
- Cook the rice until the water boils down. Stir to avoid sticking.
- Use the thermomix to blend the rice and plankton.
- Roll the rice mixture onto greaseproof paper and place it in the oven at 50°C to dehydrate.
- Once dry, crush and fry in hot oil until crispy.
- Place 50g of plankton rice onto the base of the plate.
- Pipe 12g of squid aioli onto the rice.
- Top with 20g of plankton puffed rice and 20g of fresh cockle.
NOTE: Allergens – cephalopods, eggs, sulphites, fish, celery, citrus
Recipe Courtesy of Ángel León of 3 Michelin-starred Aponiente in Spain.