For the Aguachile Sauce
- 4 ancho chillies
- 2 pasilla chillies
- 2 guajillo chillies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 375ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- De-seed all the dry chilis, mix 3 quarts with the soy sauce and mirin and let it boil for 45 min to 1 hour.
- Blend all the boiled ingredients together just with the necessary amount of water and pass through a strainer and reserve.
- Mix the lime juice with approximately 75ml of the chilli paste. then season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Shrimp
- handful of shrimps
- freshly squeezed lime juice as needed
- Peel, de-vein, and butterfly-cut the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl with enough fresh lime juice to cover and a pinch of salt. Leave it to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the lime juice and mix them with the aguachile sauce.
- sliced avocado
- sliced jalapeño
- pork chicharrón
- Place the marinated shrimp in a bowl or plate.
- Pour over some marinade and then decorate with fresh avocado, slices of jalapeño, basil leaves, cilantro leaves, sliced onion, sliced radishes, and some pork chicharrón.
Recipe courtesy of Eduardo Zorrilla, Executive Chef of Casa de Sierra Nevada, A Belmond Hotel in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.