For the salad:
- 150g Fresh Blue Fin Tuna
- 100g Fresh White Crab Meat
- 20g Crème Fraiche
- Shiso Cress
- Basil Cress
- Pea Shoots
For the gazpacho:
All of the ingredients below roughly chopped and left to marinade for a day
- 500g Over Ripe Vine Tomatoes
- 1 x Cucumber
- 1 x Red Onion
- 2 x Red Peppers
- 200ml Cab Sav Vinegar
- 15g Sugar
- 30g Salt
- Pick thoroughly the crab meat and dry it well.
- Mix the crab meat with the crème Fraiche, chopped chervil, cucumber, chives, tarragon and seasoning.
- Between two sheets of Plastic, bat out the tuna until is transparent, lay the tuna on the cling film and place 25g of crab in the middle.
- Brush the tuna with lemon oil and season with sea salt.
- Wrap tuna into a tight ball.
- Pick and wash the basil, shiso and pea shoots.
- Blend the gazpacho after marinating for 24 hours.
- Strain it through a damp tea towel and leave to drain.
- Unwrap the tuna, place it in a bowl and surround it with the gazpacho, add the shoots and serve.
- Unwrap the tuna and brush with lemon oil and season.
- Fill the bowl half way up with gazpacho.
- Place the shoots around to add texture flavour and colour.
Recipe courtesy of Adam Byatt, Chef Proprietor of Michelin-starred Trinity, Clapham.