Love the thrill of a new challenge? This May, athletic adventurers are invited to join Gleneagles, Scotland’s most iconic hotel and sporting estate, for an incredible race to the heart of the Perthshire countryside.
No ordinary fitness test, the new competition and event will be just as much a luxury getaway as it will be a celebration of the great outdoors and a grueling test of endurance.
The weekend will start on Friday evening with a dinner hosted by ultra-endurance athlete Mark Beaumont, who will share his tips on how to reach peak performance and inspire racegoers for the weekend ahead.
On Saturday, kick off race day in the newly reopened and redesigned Strathearn restaurant with a hearty breakfast of Gleneagles’s signature porridge served with a selection of healthy toppings.
The adventure race will commence with a 0.5km canoe ride across the open water of Loch Earn in a Canadian canoe – followed by a tough 16km run from the banks of Lock Earn past the mighty Ben Vorlich and through Glen Artney.
The gruelling challenge will continue with a 36km cycle in the surrounding hills and roads of Perthshire as you return to Gleneagles.
Along the way, Mark Beaumont will be offering tips and feeling the burn with racegoers along with FINDRA brand ambassadors, Marion Shoote and Tom Hill.
Post-race return to Gleneagles, relax and decompress in a hot bath before joining the group for prizegiving and a private dinner to share experiences from the day.
On Sunday, ease sore tense muscles with a swim, steam or jacuzzi before a leisurely breakfast and the return journey home.
Since opening its doors in June 1924, Gleneagles has been one of Scotland’s most iconic hotels with a 850-acre estate, which epitomises the natural beauty for which Scotland is famed.
Mark Beaumont BEM: is a record-breaking long-distance British cyclist, adventurer, broadcaster, documentary maker and author. He holds the record for cycling round the world, completing his 18,000-mile route on 18 September 2017, having taken less than 79 days.
1 Friday 10 May:
· Arrival – register and meet fellow adventurers
· Carb Load – fuel up on a special pre-race menu for maximum energy
· Get Inspired – Gain insight from host, Mark Beaumont, as he reveals his top tips for completing endurance races
· Early to bed or cheeky nightcap?
2 Saturday 11 May
· Breakfast – in the newly refurbished Strathearn Restaurant
· The Adventure Race – race of your life (regardless of ability – elite or challenger)
· Time To Celebrate – reward achievements with a private dinner and prizegiving in Ochil House. Let the drinks and the stories of the day start to flow.
3 Sunday 12 May
· Enjoy a steam, swim or jacuzzi before a leisurely breakfast
· Depart and return home
Hungry for more?
When: 10 – 12 May 2019
Wallet: Rates for the Gleneagles adventure race cost £2,300 for two people sharing a double room or £1,750 for one person in a double room.
Details: Rates include two nights accommodation, food and drink as part of the event itinerary and all equipment).
How: Sign up here to reserve your place.