Sitting on your balcony with your morning coffee, you gaze across the marina’s neat rows of sparkling yachts to a sweeping expanse of water, its surface barely ruffled by a gentle breeze. In the distance, a line of fat hills marks the opposite shore of the bay, their wooded flanks unscarred by roads and buildings. Immediately below you, as the village comes to life, its pedestrian boulevards remain almost silent. There’s no traffic. People stroll. The pace is slow. The peace is absolute. This is Porto Montenegro, and the community’s slogan, “a life less ordinary”, could hardly be more fitting.
What began as a best-kept secret among yachting aficionados is no longer so secret, as sophisticated travellers add Montenegro to their list of must-go destinations. With few exceptions, they immediately fall in love with the place, seduced by its natural beauty and the warm welcome they receive. For a significant number, that love-at-first-sight feeling has translated into a decision to buy a home in Porto Montenegro – whether as a seasonal hideaway or a permanent base – secure in the knowledge that its world-class amenities make it a sound investment in both financial and quality-of-life terms.
Against a backdrop of steadily rising property values (an increase of 62% for waterfront properties at Porto Montenegro over 10 years), the stability of the Euro currency and a very low tax and business-friendly regime, Porto Montenegro has become a vibrant and cosmopolitan residential community, as well as a year-round destination. For families, there is an International School that offers the IB curriculum; and for business people, the South Village offers a variety of attractive offices for rent.
While some home buyers are content to wait for the completion of the new Boka Place neighbourhood in 2023, others fulfil their urge to move immediately by buying into one of Porto Montenegro’s recently completed buildings, where a limited number of residences are still available.
Set directly on the quayside, Regent Pool Club Residences comprises two wings – Baia and Aqua. Designed in a sleek, contemporary style and linked at podium level by an expansive terrace with swimming pools, the residences feature light-filled interior spaces and sweeping views of the sea or mountains. Owners have access to all services and amenities of the five-star Regent Porto Montenegro and can benefit from the hotel’s optional rental pool programme. Prices start at €418,000 for a one-bedroom apartment.
Just a few steps back from the waterfront, Elena Residences is a sophisticated addition to Porto Montenegro, with well-planned interiors featuring expansive terraces and beautiful views of the sea or mountains. Owners are offered a comprehensive menu of services, including the option of interior design and furnishing solutions and access to Porto Montenegro’s well-established M Residences rental management service. As in Regent Pool Club Residences, buyers receive automatic membership of the exclusive Owners’ Club, with its dedicated lifestyle team and portfolio of special privileges. One-bedroom apartments in Elena Residences start at €404,573.
To make the purchasing process easier than ever, Porto Montenegro is offering limited-time special payment plans to prospective buyers. After making initial payments totalling 30 percent within the first three months of signing, buyers can pay the remaining 70 percent over a two-year or three-year period (at 2.0% interest or 2.5% interest, respectively).
Following the initial 30 percent payment, the interim lease will be granted, enabling the buyer to move in immediately or rent out the property through the rental management programme. In addition, all maintenance charges will be waived for the first 12 months of ownership, representing a significant cost saving.
It’s very easy to fall under the spell of Boka Bay: it has a special, indefinable magic that goes beyond the spectacular natural surroundings – a serenity that is increasingly valuable, yet ever-harder to find in today’s world. And that makes the prospect of a home in Porto Montenegro difficult to resist.