Born in Paris in 1975, Yann Bernard Lejard graduated as a cook at 16 years old.
Chef Lejard then went on to work in one-, two- and three-Michelin-starred restaurants and leading hotels across Europe—10 countries in total—such as Heinz Winklerin Aschau Germany, where he was sous chef when the restaurant was granted its thirdstarin 2001 and at Hotel Las Dunas’ restaurantin Andalusia, Spain.
In 2005, Lejardwas awarded Finalist of the Taittinger Culinary Grand Prix Awards in Switzerland.
In 2008, Lejard joined Alain Ducasse at Hôtel Plaza Athénée and thenas executive chef in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for restaurant Glow.Lejard has most recently moved toThe Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain Hotel & Spa where he produces exquisitely presented plates, using simple produce and taking inspiration from the details of daily life.
- OOD AND TRAVEL ARABIABest Steakhouse GCC Middle East2016
- MARRIOT CORPORATE AWARD for CULINARY EXCELLENCERising Star Middle East
- CITI FACT AwardsBest Steakhouse Restaurant2015
- FOOD AND TRAVEL ARABIABest International Restaurant2015
- FOOD AND TRAVEL ARABIABreakthrough CHEF OF THE YEAR2015
- Finalist of the Taittinger Culinary Grand Prix Awards, 2005
Describe your culinary philosophy in 5 words
Modern, sophisticated, artistic, evolving, inspired
What is your aim?
Develop the culinary trends and impact the world
What is your greatest inspiration?
What three things would you take to a desert island?
My wife, my son, my dog
PO Box 55577، Manama, Bahrain
+973 1758 0000
Photo credits to Marco Paone and Thanooj Thampy