- 1 fatty pork belly skin and bones removed
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 250g honey
- 250g hoisin sauce
- 100ml soya sauce
- 2tbsp 5 spice
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 jar fermented tofu
- Blend all ingredients together and pour over pork, leaving in the fridge for 24 hours to infuse flavour.
- After 24 hours, remove the pork and put onto a rack in a metal tray so excess marinade drips off.
- Cook in an oven at 160°C until pork is tender. Keep brushing with excess marinade from the tray.
- Leave pork to cool once cooked.
- Pass off stock from the tray.
- Cut pork into mouth-sized pieces and divide between 4 bowls. Pour over cooking stock.
Recipe Courtesy of Gareth Ward of Michelin-starred Ynyshir