Pictures © Armin Leitgeb
- 1996 ‐ 2011 “The Grand Award” (1 of only 3 restaurants in Asia, including Japan) by Wine Spectator Magazine
- 2001 & 2003 “Best Restaurant Award” at the World Gourmet Summit
- 2008 “Asia’s 3rd Best Restaurant” by the Miele Guide
- 2009 “Best Old World Wine List Award” at the World Gourmet Summit
- 2011 1st restaurant in Singapore and 3rd in South-east Asia to be inducted into the Traditions & Qualité association
- 2011 “World’s Top 100 Restaurants (ranked 55th)” by Restaurant Magazine UK
- 2012 Singapore Service Star by Singapore Tourism Board
In October 2008, Chef Armin Leitgeb joined Les Amis as Resident Chef, bringing along with him a wealth of experience. Of Austrian descent, he worked his way through the ranks with several Michelin starred chefs in Europe; including the then 3 star Michelin Pourcel brothers of Jardin des Sens in Montpellier, 3 star Michelin Paul and Marc Haeberlin of Auberge de L’ill in Alsace and 2 star Michelin Hans Haas of Restaurant Tantris in Munich
During the eleven years he spent on both sides of the Atlantic in various areas of kitchen management, Chef Leitgeb has finessed a cooking style that emphasises the importance of textures and flavours, leaving no margin for error in the kitchen. “When you acknowledge as you must, that there is no such thing as perfect food, only the idea of it then the real purpose of striving for perfection becomes clear,” says Chef Leitgeb.
With his immaculate credentials, Chef Leitgeb will undoubtedly excel in continuing the Les Amis legacy ‐ a brand synonymous with excellent food, wine and service in a luxurious setting.
Share this page on: