Harrods’ Executive Chef, Duccio Orlandini, trained at the Italian Institute for Advanced Culinary and Pastry Arts.
After gaining 16 years of culinary experience, which included the setting up of 13 restaurants, working alongside celebrity chefs and being nominated for a James Beard Foundation award for Best New Restaurant, Duccio Orlandini joined Harrods as an Executive Sous Chef in 2009.
In 2010, Duccio was promoted to his current position of Executive Chef at Harrods, where he is responsible for all the food creation in the Food Halls and the store’s 17 in-house restaurants. Duccio was also involved in the highly successful French Laundry pop-up restaurant which Harrods played host to in 2012, for which the team received a Catey award.
He also played an active role in the design, creation and launch of the recently established Disney Café by Harrods, The Tea Room and Pizzeria.
- Catey Award for the French Laundry pop up, 2012
- 4 stars Los Angeles Times recipient, 2009
- Best new restaurant James Beard award nominee, 2009
- Best Brunch State of Tennessee, 2008
- Best Entrée CFHLA Bacchus Bash, 2005
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellency, 2003 and 2004
- Bronze Medal ACF Hot food Competition, Florida 2004
Pictures © Matt Chung