Coinciding with Marina Bay Sands’ Formula One celebrations, the Epicurean Market will be returning for the second year with a fresh theme - "sophisticated indoor picnic" - and participation by the integrated resort’s stellar cast of celebrity chefs as well as the country’s finest wine distributors and food suppliers.
With fine wines and gourmet dishes from over 50 restaurants, wineries and leading brands on offer, guests will have the opportunity to learn at master classes and indulge in a fresh produce market.
Mr Tamir Shanel, Vice President of F&B, Marina Bay Sands said, “We are proud to bring back the Epicurean Market which will showcase the finest food, wine, spirits and fresh produce under one roof. This is an opportunity for our renowned chefs, wine distributors, gourmet hunters and food connoisseurs to gather and celebrate a weekend of great food and entertainment.”
Dedicated areas will categorise the Epicurean Market into topical zones, including the wine appreciation area, where there will be sampling and pairings, as well as the cocktail lovers' area, where top bartenders and mixologists from the property will gather to serve their signature concoctions and demonstrate their craft. At the gourmet coffee and dessert zone, a selection of coffee blends from around the world will be roasted to perfection and accompanied by luscious dessert creations.
Priced at $23 per person for a three-day pass, each ticket comes with a pair of premium wine glasses by Schott Zwiesel. Each visitor will gain complimentary access to an exciting line-up of master classes by chefs and bakers, food and drink demonstrations by sommeliers, wine producers, mixologists and various industry experts.
- Mystery box cook-off | Executive Chefs Jonathan Kinsella and David Almany will see the chefs challenge each other to prepare a dish using ingredients from a mystery box in an hour or less.
- Mixologist | Lucas Swallows demonstrates how to create light, aperitif style drinks using top Italian and French aromatised wines.
- At Home with Cocktails | Become a pro at cocktail tasting and learn to set up a personalised home bar in style with two award-winning head bartenders, Joe Alessandroni and Zdenek Kastanek from Proof & Company Spirits.
- Eco-Conscious Cuisine | Marina Bay Sands Executive Chef Christopher Christie will be presenting a sustainability-themed workshop for eco-conscious foodies.
- Junior Bakers | Bistro Moderne’s Executive Pastry Chef Benjamin Siwek will lead 25 children in a Junior Pastry Academy session, guiding them to create delicious chocolate chip cookies and marzipan animals.
Epicurean Market will be held at Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Basement 2, Hall D & E from 12-14 September 2014. Tickets are available from 7 July 2014. Head to www.marinabaysands.com to book your tickets.