Galvin Lim, began his culinary odyssey as a student at SHATEC. After his graduation, he worked his way up through the ranks at Shangri‐La’s now defunct La Tour Restaurant.
Galvin spent eight years learning the ropes of his profession under the tutelage of Mentor‐Chef David Mollicorne, before joining the Au Jardin opening team as Resident Chef. Over the years during his stint with the Les Amis Group, he has trained in some of the world’s most renowned kitchens such as Lameloise in Burgundy, Le Gavroche in London, L’Auberge des Cimes in St. Bonnets les roids Rangis Maçon, and Les Elysées du Vernet in Paris under Alain Soliverès.
When creating new menus, Galvin enjoyed being able to dream up a combination of dishes in tranquil surroundings at Les Amis, Singapore - voted number 14 in Asia's 50 Best Restaurants under Chef Lim's direction. His culinary style emphasises the balance and contrasts of flavours and textures whilst using a combination of various products.
- The Grand Award (1 of only 3 restaurants in Asia, including Japan), 1996 ‐ 2011 | Wine Spectator Magazine
- Best Restaurant Award, 2001, 2003 | World Gourmet Summit
- Asia’s 3rd Best Restaurant, 2008 | Miele Guide
- Best Old World Wine List Award, 2009 | World Gourmet Summit
- 1st restaurant in Singapore and 3rd in South-east Asia to be inducted into the Traditions & Qualité association, 2011
- World’s Top 100 Restaurants (ranked 55th), 2011 | Restaurant Magazine UK
- Singapore Service Star, 2012 | Singapore Tourism Board
- Les Amis voted No.14, 2013 | Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants list