Born in Paris in 1975, Yann Bernard Lejard graduated as a cook at 16 years old.
Chef Lejard then went on to work in one-, two- and three-Michelin-starred restaurants and leading hotels across Europe—10 countries in total—such as Heinz Winkler in Aschau Germany, where he was sous chef when the restaurant was granted its third star in 2001 and at Hotel Las Dunas’ restaurant in Andalusia, Spain.
In 2005, Lejard was awarded Finalist of the Taittinger Culinary Grand Prix Awards in Switzerland.
In 2008, Lejard joined Alain Ducasse at Hôtel Plaza Athénée and then as executive chef in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for restaurant Glow. Lejard has most recently moved to The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain Hotel & Spa where he produces exquisitely presented plates, using simple produce and taking inspiration from the details of daily life.
- OOD AND TRAVEL ARABIA Best Steakhouse GCC Middle East 2016
- MARRIOT CORPORATE AWARD for CULINARY EXCELLENCE Rising Star Middle East
- CITI FACT Awards Best Steakhouse Restaurant 2015
- FOOD AND TRAVEL ARABIA Best International Restaurant 2015
- FOOD AND TRAVEL ARABIA Breakthrough CHEF OF THE YEAR 2015
- Finalist of the Taittinger Culinary Grand Prix Awards, 2005
Describe your culinary philosophy in 5 words
Modern, sophisticated, artistic, evolving, inspired
What is your aim?
Develop the culinary trends and impact the world
What is your greatest inspiration?
What three things would you take to a desert island?
My wife, my son, my dog
PO Box 55577، Manama, Bahrain
+973 1758 0000
Photo credits to Marco Paone and Thanooj Thampy