On Thursday 22 May at Street Feast in Dalston Yard a coming together of talent, benevolence and indulgence is taking place. Hosted by chef, author and columnist Gizzi Erskine, Auction Against Hunger will aim to raise funds for humanitarian charity Action Against Hunger. And considering last year’s £100,000 raised, this year’s set to rile up a charitable storm!
Celebrated and esteemed chefs, like Nuno Mendes, Sat Bains, Pascal Aussignac, Francesco Mazzei and a whole lot more will be sweating it out to cook for those attending. For £55 each guest will be entitled to a champagne bar – courtesy of Champagne Tattinger (yum!) – as well as food from the chefs’ stall, and complimentary drinks, including pints of cocktails from the Rotary Bar (hold on, pints?), and live entertainment.
And if you’ve missed the boat, you can always get online where there will be three online auctions of money-can’t-buy prizes taking place on Emerald Street (7-14 May), Mr Hyde (8-15 May) and Hot Dinners (16-23 May). What, exactly are these ‘money-can’t-buy’ prizes, I hear you ask. The prizes on Emerald Street will include:
- Florence Knight Enjoy a specially created menu for a group of six people at the chef’s table in the newly re-opened Polpetto with wines to match the courses.
- Riding House Café Champagne breakfast for up to ten people while you sip on champagne and watch the world getting on with their day…
- The Ritz An over-night stay for two at The Ritz, including dinner at The Rivoli Bar and a signature Jade Stone treatment in their newly refurbished salon.
The prizes at Mr. Hyde will include
- Create Your Own Concrete Work with legendary New York chef, Mark Rosati to create one of Shake Shack's famous frozen custard drinks, which will then feature on the menu for a limited period.
- Flat Iron A private butchery masterclass at this Soho steak restaurant where five people will learn how to break down a whole forequarter of beef followed by a steak lunch with matching wines in the restaurant. Take home some of the steaks that you have cut.
- The Drapers Arms Head chef, James de Jong, will cook Sunday lunch for you and up to nine guests in your own home. Choose dishes from their renowned Sunday lunch menu such as rib of beef, shoulder of lamb or Label Anglais chickens.
The prizes at Hot Dinners will include:
- The Ship One of London’s finest (and busiest) pubs, famous for their outdoor barbecue, will come to your house and cook up a storm for a party of up to forty guests.
- Quality Chop House Are offering the chance for six people to come to their butcher’s shop for a masterclass in butchery, after which you will pop next door for a wonderful meal with matching wines.
- Fay Maschler Forget tweeting or blogging, you can win the opportunity to dine out with this legendary restaurant critic and help co-write her review for the Evening Standard.
Action Against Hunger | ACF International is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending child hunger. Recognised as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, ACF works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with sustainable access to safe water and long-term solutions to hunger. With 30 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster and chronic food insecurity, ACF runs life-saving programmes in over 40 countries helping some 7 million people each year.
Find out more at actionagainsthunger.org.uk